Alles was uns Sorgen macht.
Antworten
buca
Sämling
Sämling

unbekannt Faust

Beitrag von buca »

Hallo allerseits,

bitte helfen Sie mir um diesem Tausendfüßler, die Futtermittel auf Wurzeln.

http://www.lucianabartolini.net/immagini/miriapodi/Haplophilus-subterraneus.jpg

Ich konnte nicht verstehen, warum meine Kürbis wollte nicht Jahr wachsen. Ich habe vermutlich war es orange Strings (sorry, weiß ich nicht den Namen), die Wurzeln zu essen. Ich habe ein paar Kartoffeln die Erde, wenn Sie es zu essen came überprüfen. Die came nicht wie Mein Problem sind nicht die Saiten. Es gab viele schmal Löcher auf der Oberfläche des Bodens.

Die Abdeckung crop Sau Dass ich wachsenden schlecht Auch an einigen Stellen wurde wie ich di graben den Boden dort zu sehen, was in der Erde versucht. Ich fand viele orange centipiedes aus dem Bild.

Jede Beratung wird sehr willkommen.

benny_p
Pflanzenversteher
Pflanzenversteher

Beitrag von benny_p »

Hello, I try in English, perhaps easier to translate.

I dont think these " Haplophilus" on the picture are bad to living plants . As I know these "centipedes" are eating dead , rough material like half rotted wood. Do you see roots of your plants which are obviously eaten by insects or animals ?
Lost roots will cause heavy wilting / flagging on hot days, do you notice that ?
Another thought : Centipedes like half rotten material like wood, rough compost etc. These materials need nitrogen for rotting and fix available nitrogen from the soil. So the plants lack nitrogen and that will cause bad growing.

Benny

buca
Sämling
Sämling

Beitrag von buca »

Thank you Benny,

I did not see obvious damage on the roots of my pumpkins. Although it is true that I didnt dig out my plants. Untill now I did not suspect that sometnihg was in the soil. They did not grow, the leaves were small and poor looking although I have added a lot of manure.
The plants that I sow for grren manure were looking bad on some spots so I dig the soil there some days ago and found a lot of centipedes. I tried to find anything about them in the books I have at home, with no luck. So I searched the net and found it's name and that sometimes they eat roots.

It is a mistery,
Mojca

benny_p
Pflanzenversteher
Pflanzenversteher

Beitrag von benny_p »

Hello Mojca, I also looked on the web, ifound that this species is normally eating other insects, slugs and so on and only seldom make some damage on roots of young plants.
What kind of green manure have you sown ? We have mustard here on the fields and this year its extremly suffering from wet and compacted soil , some places its more than 1 meter high and directly followed by spots smaller than 10 centimeter.
To your pumpkin : The plant didnt grow well or the pumpkin had no good gains ?

buca
Sämling
Sämling

Beitrag von buca »

My pumpkin palnts did not grow. At first there were low spring temperatures that slowed their growth. The growth was very slow and the leaves were much smaller than they should be. But the leaves were not yellow as they were a couple of years ago beacause of too low temperatures and too much rain. Adding foliar fertiliser and some higher temperatures the plants started to grow.
I believe it was the end of june when I noticed small holes on the surface of the soil. I thought it was because of the orange strings that make damage to the roots and tubers in the soil. So I cut some patatoes and dig them in the ground for the night. I dig them out the next day and found olmost no strings, so they were not my problem.
Then we went for a holiday and after coming back one plant was looking very bad. Like it was damaged by spraying too high concentration of something, with little holes on the leaves. The other one was almost not damaged at all. Growing in the same patch it was very odd. I am sure noone did this since all the neighbours like to come and see the pumpkins with their kids.
Both pumpkins did not gain weight and stayed very small.
I sow oats and phacelia. I found two pictures that I took when I noticed trouble. I am not sure if there is any conection between this leaf damage and the centipiede, but I have found a lot of centipedes this week while diging the area where the oat and phacelia did not grow. It is the same spot the pumpin that had severe leaf damage in the sumer time had. I did not dig the roots so I do not know what was their contition.
I do not have any idea how to find out what is going on in this patch.
Sincerely, Mojca

Bild
Bild

benny_p
Pflanzenversteher
Pflanzenversteher

Beitrag von benny_p »

Yes, it looks like something in the soil is damaging your plants. But I dont know if that are these centipedes or another kind of insect. The only idea for the moment : Maikäfer ( melalontha melalontha) or similar bugs. the adult bugs eat leaves, the larvae eat roots in the soil and when they leave the soil in spring , you can see small holes inthe soil surface. But I think you know how these larvae look like and you would notice them when digging in the soil.
Sorrry for no better advice
Benny

buca
Sämling
Sämling

Beitrag von buca »

I apreciate your help very much, I really do.
Talking with my pumpkin growing friend Janko, he sugested that it could be because of nematodes in the soil. When the weather permits I will try to sow some white mustard.
I had quite a lot of earthworms, maybe this is why there were many cenipedes, feeding on them.
I will let know how the next growing season begins,
sincerely, Mojca

Antworten

Zurück zu „Krankheiten etc.“